To support the development of primary care and delivery of Northamptonshire's Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP) objectives, General Practice Alliance receives continued funding for a Same Day Access contract from Nene Clinical Commissioning Group.
OBJECTIVES OF SAME DAY ACCESS
- To provide additional primary care capacity through a multidisciplinary approach and ensure consistent access to primary care for all people of Northampton.
- To create a robust primary care gateway into Northamptonshire new care models for the future.
- To integrate primary and community care in a more efficient way than is currently achieved
- To make the best use of the primary and community services workforce to meet population needs around same day-care.
- To have an impact on the current use of acute non-elective services ensuring people who can be seen in primary care are seen in primary care and only those who genuinely need the specialist services in secondary care are managed in our hospitals.
PROGRESS TO DATE
Hubs have been established across Northampton’s GP community, each providing care to a defined, registered population of between 30,000 and 50,000.
- An accountable and integrated system for Northampton to deliver the ambition of the NHS GP5YFV (Five Year Forward View) has been created, with a monthly Primary Care Delivery Board taking place. This includes representation from all member GP practices, as well as other providers such as Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation Trust, First for Wellbeing, East Midlands Ambulance Service, Northamptonshire Carers, Northampton Patient Engagement Group amongst others
- Primary Care Hubs have a combined focus on personalisation of care with improvements in population health outcomes, with delivery plans for pathway implementation under development
Other New Models of Care