Dr David Smart, GPA director and lead in Mental Health created the Depression Pathway and explains the primary outcomes of the pathway below:
- Identify depression quickly and accurately
- To provide safe and effective treatment appropriate to the individual that support choice, hope and opportunity to enable them to have control over their recovery.
- To co-produce with people who have lived experience how best to develop and promote the pathway.
- To promote physical health/holistic care of people with depression.
- To involve carers/friends and family and workplace how best to support peoples recovery.
Connecting with People: Suicide Mitigation Response 1 training for member practices and clinical staff.
- You will receive evidence-based training in an area that will support your clinical practice
- The training will help with your referrals to the crisis team
- The SystmOne tool helps you develop a safety plan with the patient, there is evidence these can save lives
- You will sleep better knowing you have carried out and recorded an appropriate assessment
- Suicide is the commonest cause of death in young people and in men up to the age of 45
To find out when the next event is, or to book: Contact Jack Croucher
More information: Dr David Smart